2012 TRACK PROCEDURes
SECTION #1 PIT AREA
1. Speedway Officials reserve the right to reject the entry of anyone at any time.
2. NO personal cars or trucks are permitted in the pit area or on pads.
3. Maximum speed is 5 MPH in pit area at all times. Speeding may result in penalties up to and including disqualification from that event.
4. NO oil and tires are to be left on the Speedway grounds. Fines may be enforced.
SECTION #2 RACE DAY CONDUCT
1. Profane language towards an LCS Official, fan, or driver may be subject to penalties, fines, or suspensions.
2. L.C.S. will enforce a no fighting policy. Violators will be subject to fines, penalties, suspensions, loss of points or a combination thereof at the discretion of the track manager or race
3. Weapons, threat of bodily harm or property damage may result in the whole race team being permanently banned from the race track.
4. DO NOT go to another driver’s pit stall to yell or start a fight. Fines, penalties, reduction of points, or suspensions may occur.
5. Abusive language or hand gestures within sight of grandstands may result in fines, penalties, reduction of points, or suspensions.
6. Intentionally spinning another car may result in disqualification from the remainder of the race or disqualification from the event. Fines and penalties may occur up to and including reduction of points, probation, or suspension.
7. Hitting another car under yellow may result in moving to the rear of the field, being disqualified for the remainder of the event. Fines and penalties may occur up to and including reduction of points, probation, or suspension.
8. Hitting another car under a cool down lap or on the pit return road or in the pits before, during, or after an event may result in penalties, fines, reduction of points, probation, or suspension.
9. Any driver who partakes of any alcoholic beverage or drug while participating in the event will result in a suspension of 30 days to permanent suspension.
10. Animals are not permitted in the pits.
11. The sign regarding concealment of firearms is posted at the pit gate and will be enforced. Violators will be asked to leave. Probation or banishment from the entire premises may occur.
12. No driver, pit crew member or car owner is permitted in the pit or scoring tower throughout the evening’s race program. All issues will be dealt with that evening. Fines, penalties, or suspensions may occur if you interrupt the Race Director during racing operations.
13. LCS is a family speedway. No profane or controversial signs or logos on cars, clothing, etc. Fines, penalties, or suspensions may occur.
14. Drivers are not permitted to get out of their car on the track, including infield and grassy areas in the turns, without permission from the tower, track or safety officials or unless your car is smoking or on fire. Disqualification from the race may occur.
15. No crew member, family members, or owner(s) is permitted on the race track. This includes the infield and grassy areas in the turns. Penalties, fines, or suspensions may occur.
16. Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew, family members, and owners.
SECTION #3 TECH INSPECTION
1. All cars will be safety checked before they enter the speedway.
2. Top 3 finishers and 1 random car will be instructed to report to tech for inspection at the conclusion of any event. Any car that fails to report will be disqualified. The tech inspector reserves the right to call any additional car or cars into the tech department at the conclusion of any event.
3. Any car that is found to be illegal will lose all points and monies earned for that night and must prove that the car has been made legal before competing again.
SECTION #4 GENERAL PROCEDURES
1. Practice will start at 2:00 on Saturday. Gates will open at 1:00.
2. Hot laps and all races will be on a weekly rotational basis.
3. All cars will be required to have a working one-way scanner on frequency 154.5700.
4. Qualifying starts at 4:15 using the same order of hot laps. All classes receive 2 laps to qualify. No wave-offs or spins justify extra qualifying laps.
5. 12, 14, 16, or total inversion pill will be used. 24 cars constitute maximum number of cars for the feature.
6. The 2012 break-out rule is .020 on any 2 laps of the race. Top 4 qualifiers are exempt from the clock. Break-out in a preliminary race results is a black-flag penalty; realignment for the rest of the night is required. You cannot “bump” someone out of the inversion by breakout. Those who breakout will start in the first position outside of the inversion. Breakout in the feature will result in placement at the rear of the field.
7. Line-ups will be posted at 5:15. Driver’s mtg. at 5:20. The driver is responsible to know what race they are entered and their starting position. If you arrive late to your line-up, you will start scratch.
8. Drivers must notify pit steward of desire to scratch one race prior to being called for your own line-up.
9. Only 1 driver may qualify 1 car per division.
10. In the event of rain, lineups will be determined by points.
11. Eligibility for starting in the inversion must be earned by qualifying within 1 second of the 4th fastest qualifier.
SECTION #5 RACES/EVENTS
1. Dashes are to be lined up on the front stretch at 5:50.
2. All Heats are 8 laps.
3. Last chance or B Main Features are 15 laps.
4. Number of laps for the Feature-Modifieds (30), Ohio Stocks (25), Pure Stocks (20), Chargers (20).
5. Winners of all races will stop by flag stand for a victory picture.
6. FEATURE WINNERS MUST START LAST IN THE INVERSION THE NEXT WEEK OF COMPETITION.
SECTION #6 RACING PROCEDURES
1. Spinner/Spinnee rule may be used. This means both parties involved may be asked to re-start the race from the back unless the guilty party informs the pit steward he/she was at fault. The Spinner/Spinnee rule is at the discretion of the Race Director and Flagman.
2. DO NOT stop by turn #2 unless there is an emergency concerning track safety, or you wish to take responsibility for a race track incident that brought out the caution flag. Ignoring this rule may result in penalties, fines, or suspensions.
3. Any car intentionally stopping on the track causing a yellow flag will be disqualified from the race and further penalties, fines, or suspensions may occur.
4.“Open Pits” pertain to Features ONLY. You may enter the pits anytime during the race, but you can only re-enter the race under a yellow flag.
5. Cars re-entering a race must start at the back once the race has started.
6. Races will be double file restart until the last 10 laps. The top 3 cars will start single file during the last 10 laps of the Feature.
7. The outside pole sets the pace. Two attempts will be made to start the race. Front 2 cars must start side by side. A third re-start will result in both cars going to the back.
8. Lapped cars will be realigned at the time of the caution by way of their radio. Lapped cars must go to the bottom of the race track and allow faster cars to pass them on the outside.
9. Lapped cars will be placed in their racing position until 10 laps remain. Lapped cars will then re-start the race in their racing order at the back.
10. All races are subject to time considerations and may be considered a completed race at the discretion of the Race Director. The R.D. may change the number of laps pertaining to any dash, heat, or feature.
11. All positions will be scored by the last completed lap.
12. Lapped cars go to the bottom of the track.
13. A race is officially completed after 51% of the laps are completed unless subject to the time considerations mentioned in number 10 above.
14. If you are charged with a caution, you must quickly fall to the back of the field. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the race.
15. The start or re-start of a race will not be delayed to accommodate your delay. Late entrance onto the track at the start of a race will result in starting at the back. Cars may no longer enter onto the race track when the Flagman indicates 1 lap before the start of the race by displaying the white flag AND the lead cars have reached the flag stand. Entrance onto the race track is subject to the Race Director’s and Pit Steward’s
SECTION #7 PROTESTS ( coming soon )
SECTION #8 PAYOFFS
1. Must complete a W-9 before you will be paid.
2. Pay-outs may be paid after the races or mailed on Monday.
3. A race program is considered complete when all preliminaries are completed. There are no rain checks.
Section #9 Rain Out Policy
In the event of postponement for any reason, general admission tickets will be honored @ face value for any event held within 28 days. No cash refunds or tickets exchanged. No exceptions!
Pit pass arm bands will be honored for the rescheduled event only. If the event is not rescheduled, pit passes will be honored at face value for any other event held within 28 days. No cash refunds or tickets exchanged. No exceptions!
Spectator Stock Sponsor
Gen. Adm. Gate & Practice 4PM
2013 Admission Price
Adult Regular Event General Adm. $12
Kids 12 & Under FREE General Adm. with Adult
Pits all ages $25
Special Event Prices Listed in Schedule